Sauteed Mushrooms with Balsamic Vinegar Recipe
Sauteed Mushrooms has always been everyone’s favourite order as a side in restaurants. Delicious as it is, it is actually simple to make. Follow the recipe below and indulge in them right from home!
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
500g Brown Buttons Mushrooms, quartered
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic
Time to have fun:
- In a small dish, stir together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and 1 tbsp of water.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter with the olive oil over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the mushrooms and salt and stir the mushrooms for a minute.
- Continue cooking the mushrooms for another 7 mins till it has turned golden brown and soft.
- Turn the heat to low, add the garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Cook and stir until the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Carefully add the balsamic mixture. Cook, stirring, until the liquid reduces to a glazey consistency that coats the mushrooms for about 20 seconds. Season with few grinds of pepper.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a serving plate and scrape the glaze from the pan. Garnish with parsley flakes.
On a side note, we also make some gourmet spreads which are not only healthy but also natural. You may check them out here: http://wildbutterco.com/our-flavours/. They’re all locally made in Singapore with quality ingredients. Enjoy 🙂